It can be hard to see the positive when things aren’t going right. Sometimes you need a break from writing or whatever else is going on in your life. You want to watch something positive and uplifting that will make you feel better.
Some of my favorite movies on this list are I Can Only Imagine, War Room, and Pay It Forward. Here are my top 10 inspirational books turned into movies. I hope the films on this list will uplift you, inspire you, warm your heart, and motivate you.
1. I Can Only Imagine– This book by Mercy Me lead singer Bart Millard is amazing. I went to see the movie last year and loved it. However, the book is even better. This book tells the story of Bart’s life with his abusive father. It tugged on my heartstrings, made me laugh, and made me cry. If you are looking for a great memoir, you need to pick this one up.
2. Heaven Is For Real-This book is about a four-year-old boy who had to have emergency surgery. While he was in operation, Colton had an out of body experience and went to heaven.
After surviving the surgery, Colton starts talking about what he experienced like meeting his miscarried sister and his great grandfather. He also talks about how big God is and about the coming last battle. I saw the movie first and liked it, but the book is even better.
Books for the Soul
3. War Room-This is one of my favorite movies. I love the storyline and how it teaches us to go to battle on our knees instead of with each other. I haven’t read the book War Room.
However, the “companion book” to this movie, Fervent by Priscilla Shirer, is ah-mazing. If you are a female looking to set fire to your prayer life, you have to read this book. It is one of my absolute favorites, and I have read it at least three times.
4. The Blind Side-This book is a true story about a wealthy family who takes in a homeless high school student. I haven’t read the book, but I have seen the movie several times.
5. The Notebook-A fantastic movie about the power of true love. I own the film and have watched it dozens of times and have read the book. If you cry at the movie, the book is even better.
Books for the Heart
6. Soul Surfer-This is the real-life story of Bethany Hamilton and how she survived a shark attack.
7. Miracles From Heaven-This movie is about a little girl with a rare digestive disorder that has been in and out of hospitals her whole life. One day she and her sisters are playing, and Annabel falls three stories into an old tree, head first. While waiting to be rescued, she visits heaven, and when she wakes up, she has been healed. I haven’t read the book. However, the movie is fantastic.
8. Pay It Forward-I have read the book and own the film, and I love both. The message in this book of spreading kindness is timeless and spans generations.
9. The Perfect Catch-Jess runs the restaurant she inherited from her grandfather in the small town of Parker Falls. Her ex, Chase Taynor, left years ago for the big leagues of baseball and never looked back. Now Chase is back in town. Can they reconnect after all these years? The Perfect Catch is one of my favorite Hallmark movies. I watch it every time that it’s on.
10. A Country Wedding-Country superstar Bradley Suttons returns to his hometown, only to cross paths with Sarah Standor, his childhood best friend and crush. Years ago, they got “married” as kids in his barn.
In the present Bradley is getting married for real, and Sarah is helping him with all the preparations for a quiet wedding outside of the spotlight. However, as his wedding day draws closer, Bradley starts to rethink his options in life and love.
There are many inspiring, feel-good movies coming out every year. This top ten list of inspirational movies turned into books is just the tip of the iceberg. Do you have a favorite inspirational or feel good movie? I would like to know what it is in the comments.