Have you ever thought about creating a business from your successfully published book? When people think of publishing a book successfully, they think about the book selling over and over, providing them residual income for years to come. What people don’t understand is by publishing a book successfully, they open many doors to new income streams. There are many businesses you can create from publishing a book successfully. Having a best-selling Amazon status gives you the credibility to share your knowledge with others. Today I’m going to share with you 10 kick ass businesses you can create from publishing a book successfully.
10 Kick Ass Businesses You Can Create From Publishing A Book Successfully.
- Author Coaching Business-Publishing a book successfully allows you to teach others to achieve their dream too. You can set up different packages in your business. One package could be for a quick 15 minute call to assess if the indie author path is right for your client. One package could be for getting the book ready for publication. For this package,think cover design, editing, interior formatting, etc. A third package could be for how to upload to different publishing platforms. While another could address marketing and launching. Your expertise will be especially valuable to new authors who can get overwhelmed by all the information out there. You can also serve veteran independent authors who have a book or two under their belt but aren’t seeing the results they want.
- Copywriting Business-You can start a copywriting business for indie authors only. Your book is selling so you obviously know how to write compelling copy. You can offer your skills for web sites, landing pages, and book descriptions. Most authors find it difficult to write compelling copy, so this could be a very lucrative business with the right clients and competitive pricing.
- Email Copywriting Business- Email copywriting is different from copywriting in that you are writing promotional emails and email sequences. This is another area where many people get stuck and need help. This is another lucrative option, since you are writing several emails at a time and can price things accordingly.
- Speaking engagements-You can travel the country speaking about your writing journey and your book.
More Business Ideas.
5. E-Courses-Develop some e-courses to sell on your web site. One course could be about research and idea development. One course could be about how to publish a book and one could be about launching and marketing. E-courses are a great way to earn some passive income, just be sure you respond to every email that comes in with questions.
- 6. Elite Coaching Business-Once you get more established and have learned much more about the publishing industry and what methods work for you to accelerate your success, you can offer elite coaching to a select group of individuals, say 10-15 to help accelerate their success too. You can make much more by charging premium pricing for your time.
7. Book Cover Design Business-If you have received good feedback on your cover (not just feedback from friends and family) and have an eye for design, you may want to contemplate starting a book cover design business.
8. Interior Book Design Business-As mentioned above, if you have received compliments about how professional your book looks and you formatted the interior yourself, you may want to consider starting an interior book design business.
9. Amazon Book Business-One book isn’t going to be enough to sustain you for the long haul. Keep writing and putting out books, building a robust business for your hungry readers.
10. Illustration Business-If you have published a few children’s books and are getting good feedback from your readers about how professional they look, you may want to start an illustration business that caters to indie authors.
As you can see, there are many ways to create various income streams from publishing a book. Take your best talents and build a great business.