Happy New Year! Today I wanted to write a post to encourage you all. How was your 2017 in regards to your book business? How were your sales?
Were you able to get as many reviews as you wanted for your books? Maybe you wanted to write a book but got stuck on how to get started. If you wrote a book and put it out there, were the results you wanted desirable or undesirable when it comes to being in alignment with your goals?
Maybe you had a great 2017 and your hard work paid off. If so, congratulations. My 2017 was filled with a lot of learning and I’m excited to implement some things I learned in the last two months of 2017.
However, no matter what kind of 2017 you had in regards to your books, I have a strong feeling that 2018 is going to be much, much better. Now is the time to focus on your goals for this year and I’m right there with you.
What are some of your goals this year?
- Do you want to find out how to start writing a book?
- Do you want to write and publish a book?
- Have you just finished a book and want to know how to launch it?
- Are you having trouble getting reviews and need to figure out how to get more?
- Have you finished your manuscript but need to know how to get it ready for publication? (If so, check out my e-book From Writer to Author.)
- Maybe you are looking for some ‘author/writing’ groups on social media to join for support.
Whatever your goals are for this year, I have faith in you. You CAN do this. It’s so easy to let fear get in the way but don’t let it. One of my favorite quotes is from the author Jon Acuff, “Quit asking fear for permission to do that thing that you know you’re supposed to do with your life.”
I say just GO. FOR. IT. The business of writing is a learning curve and full of twists and turns but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. On a small scale I have achieved my dream of becoming an author and I know that it can only grow and get better from here.
Some of my goals this year include:
- Publishing two children’s books. (One will be the second in my Boys Will Be Boys Series and the other will be a stand alone.)
- Publishing my first book of fiction.
- Relaunching my first four books.
- Getting more reviews for my books.
- Actually launching my next children’s book, Brock’s Bad Temper (And The Time Machine) and see if I can make #1 status on Amazon in a children’s category.
- Getting into major bookstores like Barnes&Noble and Books-A-Million.
My goals for you all as my readers are:
- To continue to provide accurate, relevant, actionable content that you can use on your author journey.
- Trying some new things this year and letting you know about my experiences.
- Adding a few more posts this year to encourage you on your journey.
- Having more guest posts by other authors so you can get different perspectives and learn about new authors.
I encourage you to write down some goals and how you plan to achieve them. From there, start taking one step each day to achieve your goal.
Read a chapter in a book, take one section of an online course, find a mentor and ask questions, etc. I will be cheering you on all the way.