Today I’m talking about my top ten favorite Christmas books. There is nothing I like more on a cold winter’s night than to curl up with a blanket and a good book. Especially a Christmas themed book. I love to curl up in my pajamas with a blanket, a cup of hot cocoa beside me, and possibly a cat on my lap as well. Sometimes my cat Colin will lay on my lap, sometimes not. I usually try and start reading Christmas themed stories around the first week of November. This way, I have time to read one or two before the actual holiday.
My Top 10 Favorite Christmas Books
1. Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber-I love this book about single father Seth Webber who needs a nanny for his twin boys. Every nanny that comes along seems to be scared off until Mrs. Merkle shows up. She has a magical way of getting the boys to listen and seems to instinctively know what Seth needs as well.
2. Call Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber-Mrs. Merkle is back to help another person in need. This time, she is working for Finley’s Department store and her boss is the owner’s son. Sadly, this family-owned store needs a Christmas miracle to stay afloat. Holly Larson also needs a miracle. Her brother is deployed overseas and she is watching his son, Gabe. She desperately wants to give Gabe the Christmas he deserves, if she can only figure out how to pay for his only Christmas wish. Can Mrs. Miracle work her magic?
3. The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry-This is an old story but it’s one of my favorites. It’s about a couple who wants to give each other one special gift for Christmas but they don’t have the money. In sacrificing for each other, can they still have the best Christmas ever?
More Christmas Books
4. The Christmas Train by David Baldacci-Disillusioned journalist Tom Langdon has to get from Washington D.C. to L.A. for Christmas. Being forced to take a train, he starts a journey of rude awakenings and the deep terrain of his own heart. In doing so, he rediscovers the good in people and comes in contact with someone whom he thought he lost forever.
5. The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson-Widowed Gabby Summerhill is getting remarried and is hoping all her children will come home for Christmas. They haven’t been all under the same roof since their father died three years ago. In addition to keeping the groom a secret, she has one more secret up her sleeve that will change all their lives forever.
6. A Season Of Angels by Debbie Macomber-This is the first book of hers I read featuring the angels Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy. I absolutely loved it. Three angels are sent to earth to each answer to someone’s prayer. Timmy wants a new father, Monica wants a husband and a home of her own, and Leah wants a child to start filling her home with love and laughter. However, there is a catch, each angel must teach their charge a memorable lesson before their prayer can be answered. This book is full of wit, laughter and heartwarming love.
More Heartwarming Books for Your Holiday
7. Trading Christmas by Debbie Macomber-Emily Springer decides to leave Leavenworth Washington to visit her daughter in Boston for Christmas. Charles Brewster, resident of Boston, professor, and Grinch decides a quiet prison town will be the perfect place to work on his novel and avoid Christmas altogether. Through the internet, he and Emily agree to swap houses for the holidays. Meanwhile, Faith Kerrigan travels to Leavenworth to visit Emily, only to find Charles the sour puss. Charles’s brother, Ray, drops by Charles’s home in Boston only to find that Emily is there and not him. Amidst all this confusion, can romance blossom? After all, it is Christmas.
8. Skipping Christmas by John Grisham-Luther and Nora Krank have decided to skip Christmas this year. No dealing with Christmas shoppers, no Christmas Eve extravaganza, not even a tree. On December 25th they are leaving on a cruise to enjoy some sand and sun and leaving Christmas behind. However, skipping Christmas does have it’s consequences…
9. A Bramble House Christmas by C.J. Carmicheal-Finn Knightly wants to know why his deceased father left his nurse $50,000 when he only knew her six weeks. He travels to a bed and breakfast called Bramble House to find answers. Willa Fairchild is not the woman he is expecting to find, nor did he plan on falling in love with her and her son Scout. When he finds out Scout’s secret and why this Christmas is so important, can he forgive his father for cutting him and his sister out of his will and move on with the woman he loves?
10. Dashing Through The Snow by Debbie Macomber-Ashley Davison is desperate to spend the holidays with her family in Seattle. Dash Sutherland, former Army intelligence officer must arrive in Seattle on December 23rd for an interview. They both find they are out of luck because all the flights are booked and there is only one rental car left at the airport. Reluctantly they decide to share it and head to Seattle together. Soon they discover they have quite a bit in common and there is a romantic spark charging the air. Still, their journey ahead comes with a lot of twists and turns. Although Ashley and Dash may not make it to Seattle on time, their greatest wishes may still come true.
It’s time to pick up some new Christmas reads this season as well as a new cozy blanket or throw. Pick up some hot drink mixes or make a jar of your favorite drink mix recipe. Then get ready to hunker down for a cozy evening and a heartwarming story on those long winter nights.