Being a stay at home Mom is one of the most wonderful things a woman can do. You get to watch them grow and never miss their first roll over, crawl, first steps or first words. Then all of a sudden your baby isn’t a baby anymore.
It’s time to send them to preschool. In recent years, online preschool has come on the scene and even though friends mean well, you have heard some not so great stories about preschool at daycare. You are now at a crossroads. Do you send them to preschool at daycare or online?
Preschool at Daycare or Online?
There are many benefits to both daycare and online preschool. I think they can both be a great choice depending on what your child needs and adjusting to what they may be missing in each scenario.
When children go to preschool they learn how to make friends, social skills, respect, responsibility, etc. Some benefits to preschool at daycare include:
- Children learn how to make friends, improve social skills, and assert themselves.
- Children learn respect by listening to their teachers and other classmates while in a group conversation.
- Children learn responsibility in the little things like turning the water off after washing their hands, scraping their plates and clearing their place after lunch, and cleaning up after themselves if they spill.
- They learn routine and structure.
- They learn the alphabet, colors, shapes, and numbers on a regular basis, keeping their minds sharp.
- They learn empathy, compassion, and how to regulate their emotions.
- They learn to interact with other adults.
- Your child will be active on and off throughout the day and never be bored.
Online Preschool: The Benefits.
Online preschool can be a benefit if your child is independent or extremely shy. However, there are things that he or she will be missing that will need to be balanced out in this scenario.
Children still need to socialize so planning a playdate with other kids in your neighborhood is crucial for making friends and socialization skills. You and your child may even want to volunteer somewhere so they can learn respect, empathy, compassion and how to be around other adults. Some benefits of online preschool include:
- Online preschool costs less than at a traditional daycare.
- Online preschool makes early childhood education accessible to every child.
- Children are able to learn at their own pace.
- Online learning is interactive so they are able to engage with what they learn.
- Online preschool engages all kinds of learning styles.
- Parents are able to get feedback on their child’s progress.
- There are no geographical barriers, children can learn anywhere. This is great during summer vacation when the summertime slump seems to happen.
- Children can learn when it’s most convenient for them. Weather you have a morning, afternoon, or evening person, they can learn at any time.
- Online learning promotes computer proficiency which will keep your child’s computer skills in tip top shape.
There are no right or wrong answers to this question. In assessing the benefits above you will be able to make a balanced, informed decision on what is best for your child to have a solid, happy start for their future.
What are your thoughts on this topic? Do you have a preference over daycare preschool over online preschool? Let me know in the comments, I would love to know your perspective.