Everybody shops on Amazon and more than likely, your books are on there. When people search for your books or just come across them in a search, they don’t want to see only your name.
People like to put a face to the name and learn more about the author behind the book, and this is why you need an Amazon Author page.
It is easy to set up your page via Amazon Author Central and here are the benefits in doing so. Go to www.authorcentral.amazon.com to set up your account.
How to Set Up Your Account
- Go to the Amazon Author Central Website.
- Log in with your regular Amazon account
- Read the terms and conditions and hit “accept.”
- Enter your name to find your books.
- Once you claim your books and your author name, wait for an email to confirm your identity.
The Benefits of an Author Central Page
- It doesn’t cost anything-As a new author; you may not have much money to invest on a website right away. Having an Amazon Author Page doesn’t cost anything, and it is a place for readers to get to know you better.
- Showcase your books-All your books will show up on your Author page compared to people having to scroll endlessly.
- Your Biography-Write a short, compelling biography that is going to get readers excited about you and your books.
- Book Trailers/Videos-You can add trailers and videos for your books on your Author page.
- Link your blog posts-If you link your blog to your page, each time you publish a new post it will show up.
- People can follow you-Under your biography; there is a “Follow” button that allows people to support you and for them to be notified when your next book comes out.
- Add your social media/website info-You can also add your website and social media profiles, so readers know where to go to learn more about you.
Setting Your Page Up Right
- Customize your author page URL.
- Write a compelling biography. This means selling yourself. Why should they read your books? Why should they visit your website?
- Put social links above the fold. You only have so much room until your words get cut off and all people see is “see more.” Make sure your website and social links are above that fold. I had to do this myself recently because I didn’t realize the issue.
- Add a professional headshot that matches your genre. Not sure what your photo should look like? Look at authors in your genre and take note of their profile pictures.
- Connect your blog. This will help you engage with your audience and build relationships.
- Add promotional videos.
- Encourage hitting the “Follow” button.
- Add all versions of your book.
As you can see, there are many different benefits to having an Amazon Author page. If you haven’t set yours up yet, do it today to start connecting with more readers and growing your author business.